Hello there, and welcome to another crypto news roundup from Coinigy.
So, word on the street is that we may also get an Ethereum ETF as well, thanks to Blackrock.
And just like its Bitcoin ETF filing before it, this ETH ETF would essentially allow traders to buy/sell Ethereum on the stock market.
This was the main news that took ETH to over $2k during the weekend.
There are lots of negatives to think about, like Gensler not letting this filing see the light of day.
But whether this first application gets approved or not - the fact that BlackRock is trying to make it happen is a very positive sign!
Anyway, here are last week’s highlights
- BlackRock files for Ethereum ETF
- Ark Invest x 21Shares are Partnering to Release a New 'ETF Suite'
- UAE central bank to penalize unlicensed virtual asset service providers
- Binance Unveils Full Self-Custody Web3 Wallet to 'Lower Barriers of Entry' and 'Drive Adoption'
- Crypto exchange Poloniex hacked, offers 5% bounty on $114M stolen
BlackRock files for Ethereum ETF
BlackRock, the world's largest asset manager, has filed for an Ethereum exchange-traded fund (ETF) with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The ETF would be the first of its kind in the United States, and would allow investors to gain exposure to Ethereum without having to purchase the cryptocurrency directly.
Ark Invest x 21Shares are Partnering to Release a New 'ETF Suite'
Investment management firm ARK Invest, led by pro-Bitcoin investment veteran Cathie Wood, has collaborated with exchange-traded product (ETP) provider 21Shares to launch a new suite of digital asset exchange-traded funds (ETFs). The move aims to provide a “robust set of options” for investors looking to get digital assets into their trading portfolio.
UAE central bank to penalize unlicensed virtual asset service providers
According to the new guidance, the supervisory authorities expect all licensed financial institutions (LFIs), designated non-financial businesses and professions (DNFBPs) and licensed VASPs to report transactions from suspicious parties.
Binance Unveils Full Self-Custody Web3 Wallet to 'Lower Barriers of Entry' and 'Drive Adoption'
Binance’s new Web3 wallet is designed with user experience as a top priority, in an effort to make Web3 more accessible and easier for users to get started. Regardless of whether they are new to crypto or are already experienced traders, will find value in using Web3 Wallet.
Crypto exchange Poloniex hacked, offers 5% bounty on $114M stolen
After suspicious outflows of $114 million, cryptocurrency exchange Poloniex has confirmed that it has been hacked. Poloniex investor Justin Sun offered a 5% white hacker bounty. However, the adversary seems to be the notorious Lazarus Group from North Korea.
Other Highlights Worth Mentioning
- Solana price hits a new 2023 high — What’s behind the SOL rally? - Cointelegraph
- Telegram-Backed Coin Toncoin (TON) Gains Massively to Earn Spot in Crypto Top 10 - Coinspeaker
- Bitcoin strategy boosts MicroStrategy's performance, outpaces tech giants - Investing
- Coinbase blocked in Kazakhstan for breaking new digital assets law - Yahoo Finance