A week from today, the ‘TICKER’ channel in our websocket API for real-time data will be removed. From there on out, users will need to subscribe to their private user channel. This can be found under the ‘Coinigy API’ tab on your account settings page.
Namely, users will be looking for the red ‘Click to reveal my Private Channel ID (Websocket API)’ button at the bottom, which will allow you to view or reset your ID. This ID represents a specific private channel on the Coinigy Websocket API that provides real-time streaming data for your account only.
To utilize this feature, you will first want to connect to the Websocket API and then subscribe to your ID’s channel. Finally, once subscribed to this channel, you will be looking for messages that carry the type ‘Favorite’. From there, please let us know if you run into any issues with this!
As of today, we have also updated our CryptoTicker Google Chrome extension. It will no longer work unless you are on this most recent updated version. To add your account information to CryptoTicker, please follow these steps:
- Install the latest version of CryptoTicker from the Chrome Web Store.
- On your Coinigy account page, find the ‘Coinigy API’ tab. If you don’t already have one, click the ‘Generate New Key.’
- Click the CryptoTicker symbol in your Chrome extension bar and click ‘I already have an account.’
- Add in the key and secret into the corresponding boxes from any of your generated keys.
- For the final ‘Private Channel ID’ box, you will want to click the red ‘Click to reveal my Private Channel ID (Websocket API)’ button also found on the Coinigy API tab. After doing so, confirm that you understand the power behind this ID by clicking ‘I understand.’
- Copy and paste your private channel ID string that now appears in Coinigy into the final box of the CryptoTicker set up.
- Click ‘Activate’ and you’re all set to use CryptoTicker!
Don’t hesitate to message us if you have any problems and to let us know what you think!