As of today, Bittrex now allows its users to set an IP whitelist for accessing account API keys. We always recommend that when available, our users set their connected API accounts restricted to Coinigy IPs as a security precaution. If you would like to restrict your Bittrex API key(s), here is how to do so:
- Log into your Bittrex account and find your way to your account settings page.
- On the left-hand side of the settings page, find and click the ‘IP Whitelist’ tab. This will take you to this page.
- You’ll be presented with the following page, in which you’ll have to input each section of an IP address one-by-one:
- To find Coinigy’s IP addresses, you’ll want to make your way to the accounts/API page in your account. Clicking ‘Add New Exchange Account’ will present the option of seeing our IPs for whitelisting like so:
- You’ll need to copy and paste these IPs into the Bittrex IP whitelisting page and then confirm your attached 2FA code for each IP that you add. Note: our IP addresses are subject to change at any time, though we will give our best effort to let our users know.
Don’t hesitate to let us or Bittrex know if you need any assistance in adding IPs to your whitelist!
Subscribe to Coinigy Insights
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox